The American Association of University Women (AAUW) of Huntsville
is offering scholarships in the amount of $500.00 to women seeking an undergraduate degree.
What is AAUW
(American Association of University Women)
MISSION: AAUW advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.
DIVERSITY: AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or class.
AAUW Huntsville MISSION: AAUW Huntsville supports opportunities for the personal and intellectual growth of women and girls through fellowship, collaboration and shared contribution in our community.
Awarding scholarships to women is one way in which AAUW encourages women to pursue a higher education.
An applicant must meet all of the following qualifications:
1. Be a woman 25 years of age or older by June 1, 2018
2. Be a resident of Madison County and/ or enrolled at one of the following colleges:
Alabama A&M University
Athens State University
Calhoun Community College
University of Alabama Huntsville
J.F. Drake Technical College
3. Scheduled to take at least six (6) hours in Fall 2018 at one of the above six colleges
4. Scheduled to graduate no earlier than May 2019
5. Have completed at least twelve (12) units of credit from an accredited college or university with a Grade Point Average of 2.7 or higher in college level classes (not remedial and/or ESL)
6. Be in pursuit of her first baccalaureate degree and have clearly defined educational goals
7. Demonstrate evidence of financial need
8. Not applying for NCCWSL and have not attended in the last year
9. Be able and willing to attend an AAUW Huntsville Branch meeting to speak briefly about her course of study and career goals.
To apply complete the application at https://goo.gl/forms/Cd9U6gCQ9IxY3Tik1 (Official Transcripts are required.)
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE May 1, 2018
Link for the PDF version of the scholarship requirements: 2018 Scholarship